You are probably wondering how to market the eyelash business online and stuck on where to start the process. For most small businesses, the challenge lies with the strategy. It is crucial to stay ahead of the game in terms of your online marketing strategy, given the beauty industry’s competitive nature. This definitive guide sheds more light on various approaches on how to sell lashes online.
Marketing Eyelash business involves the planning and execution of a strategic online strategy to create brand awareness, attract customers, generate leads, and convert traffic to sales for business growth. With the recent technological developments and increased internet usage among consumers, it makes perfect sense to leverage digital channels for eyelash marketing. The following are some of the online marketing strategies to utilize in marketing eyelash business.
9 Proven Strategies That Help Your Eyelash Business Grow
Search Engine Optimization
- Keyword Research
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the art of ranking online content to appear top among organic listings on a search engine. There are four types of SEO, including on-page SEO, off-page SEO, technical SEO, and keywords. While on-page SEO is concerned with strategies to optimize a page on a website, off-page SEO includes strategies to build a website’s reputation through other websites. Technical SEO, on the other hand, consists of the technical elements (such as mobile-friendliness, indexing, site speed crawlability, etc.) of a website that are used by brands to improve a website’s readability and boost user experience.
A well-done SEO will ensure that your online content appears as a top result among other contents of the same topic when searched by a specific keyword. SEO is used as a strategy to improve your eyelash website’s ranking and visibility. It is done by incorporating particular eyelash related keywords and phrases commonly used by a target audience on a search engine when looking for products and services.
SEO is a crucial business strategy that should be done at the start of your online eyelash business.
First, it helps to build your brand through the content that you post for customers’ consumption. For the same reason, it is critical to create content that speaks well about your brand and appeals to your target audience.
Secondly, optimization will increase a website’s rankings and, as a result, attract more traffic. Each brand hopes to have traffic and convert them to customers and leads.
Thirdly, SEO is a crucial tool to make your target audience find your website, view products/services, and make purchases.
SEO is also necessary as a strategy to boost the credibility and authority of your eyelash website, especially if the efforts are combined with content marketing. Through SEO, your brands can stay ahead of your competitors through superior rankings.
Social Media Marketing
- Drive Traffic to Your Online Store
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Higher Conversion Rates
It is the process of creating and sharing content on the internet through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat and YouTube, as a way of marketing yoru eyelash brand. Through social media platforms, your brand will connect with the audience, drive traffic to your website, convert them to customers, and increase your sales.
Research also shows that brands that have an online presence on different social media platforms have stronger reputations and can appeal emotionally to customers. Engaging your customers on social media not only makes them feel valued and appreciated, but also works to boost trust and encourage longer-lasting relationships. The result is a loyal, repeat customer.
Before jotting a social marketing strategy, it is vital to conduct a media scan, find out your competitors’ activities on the various platforms. Be sure to note what things they post, how they post them, and how they engage with the audience. Most importantly, it is vital to identify any gaps and leverage on them to stay ahead of your competitors in social marketing.
To make your social marketing successful, focus on five core areas including;
- Strategy-Define your goals and establish what you want to achieve, i.e., brand awareness, increase traffic, or generate engagement around your products and services and brand. Also, identify the social media platforms you wish to engage your audience and the type of content you will be publishing.
- Planning and Publishing– Plan accordingly on how you will be publishing, i.e., through images, videos, or blog posts. Ensure the content you publish for you audience’s consumption is not offensive or biased.
- Listening and Engagement-On your posts, listen to what people will comment on and engage them appropriately. Pick on any gaps or issues raised by your customers and assure them of your commitment to their needs. Take critics positively and build on them to make your rand more reputable.
- Analytics and Reporting– There is a need to gauge the performance of your strategy. How many positive mentions did you have? How many leads? Is your audience engaging more? Depending on your analysis, adjust your social marketing accordingly.
- Advertising– Lastly, you can consider growing your marketing efforts through social media ads. This will allow you to reach a wider audience and earn more following for your brand.
- Build Brand Credibility
- Boost Sales
- Generating traffic to Your Online Store
- Increasing Leads
Email marketing is a form of digital marketing that involves sending targeted emails to potential customers. The main purpose of using this form of marketing is to convert prospective clients into customers and one-time customers to repeat buyers.
Email marketing remains one of the most effective ways to communicate directly to potential customers and nurtures leads. Its purpose is to promote your brand’s products and services while at the same time establishing possible long-lasting business relations with potential customers. To have an effective email marketing strategy, ensure the following;
- Build Your List of Potential Customers– One of the best ways to build your email list is to collect all your store visitors’ emails. You can also use some platforms that aid in the collection of emails from leads.
- Follow the law/Get Permission-It is vital to seek their permission from individuals before including them in your email list. This can be done by asking leads if they would wish to subscribe to newsletters or available offers, sales, and promotions at any given time.
- Deliver Great Content-From the onset, set the expectations right through a strong initial follow up email, and ensure consistency in the subsequent emails. If you promise to deliver content weekly, follow the same schedule.
- Vary Your Messages-To keep your prospective clients engaged, vary the content of the emails you send to them. Do not just send ads. It is crucial to build a rapport with them by incorporating some valuable insights for them
- Optimize for Mobile-Most people today spend a lot of time on their mobile devices. Optimizing for mobile will ensure your content reaches more people in your email list. Ensure that your email can be displayed appropriately, even on mobile devices.
- Increase Online Store Traffic
- Increased Online Visibility
- Connect with Customers Easier
- Gather Customer Testimonials
A business listing involves the online recording of a brand’s information (business name, address, and contacts) on platforms such as Google, Yahoo, Yelp, Booksy, and others. The purpose of your online eyelash business listing is to ensure that customers looking for your brand can readily find you online, learn more contact, and learn more about your products.
Google My Business Account is one such platform where you can include information about your brand.
Yahoo Local also exists as an online business listing platform for brands looking to meet customers’ needs and increase leads.
Yelp is a review site that also has provisions for a business listing.
Booksy is an online appointment and schedule management app for health and beauty service providers which is one of the best app for your small eyelash extension business.
In a local search ecosystem, business listings will help your page to appear as soon as potential clients search your brand on a search engine. Here is how to set up a local business listing.
- Include your business name/title, telephone number, address, description, categories, website URL, tagline, images, social profiles, certifications, fax number, associated brands, and payment methods.
- Ensure that information included in your business listing profile accurately represents how your brand is recognized in the real world, e.g., through signage and other aspects of branding (vision, mission, tagline, etc.)
- Ensure the precision and accuracy of information such as address and service area.
- Choose to include the fewest number of categories that best represent your business offerings.
- Be sure to maintain only one profile per business.
- Always ensure you read the policies of the different business listing profiles to ensure that you comply with the same and avoid prohibited content.
- Increase Brand Awareness
- Increase Traffic
- Boosts Conversion Rates
- Builds Trust and Credibility
It involves using videos to promote/market your brand (products and services), reach your existing and potential customers, increase engagement on your digital and social channels, educate your consumers and customers, and reach your audience with a new medium.
With the advent of social media, videos have become even more important as a medium for sharing information across platforms. Across various content types, videos are most preferred by customers, as they are more engaging and exciting to watch.
Because videos are heavier than other types of content, they are best shared through YouTube and TikTok. As an online business, it is crucial to create a YouTube channel and a TikTok account where customers can visit and view videos about your brand. You can share the video links on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn to generate more leads and ensure a broader reach of your target audience.
For eyelash marketing, you can create and share tutorial videos demonstrating how to wear eyelashes and care for eyelash extensions. Such videos will not only drive traffic and attract people to your products, but also encourage loyalty among repeat customers.
- Create Brand Awareness
- Build Credibility and Trust
- Reach new markets faster
Influencer marketing is a form of social media marketing involving endorsements and product placement/mentions from specific people, organizations, or experts with a perceived level of knowledge or social influence on people. They do so through their social media platforms to create more brand awareness and increase such brands’ visibility.
Today, brands utilize influencers to promote their products and services and strengthen their brand reputation. As a small business, your eyelash brand is possible to use influencer marketing to reach a wider audience and build brand awareness within your resource limitations.
- First, identify and list all the influencers in your industry.
- Secondly, find those who align with what your brand stands for.
- Reach out and connect with your prospect lists and make known your intent.
- Together, work with the selected influencers on the content that they will be promoting and sharing on their respective social media accounts.
Statistics show that micro-influencers are the best marketing avenue for small business. They are affordable and have more influence on the locals. Even though they have relatively smaller audiences, they have more engagement and targeted following.
- People Trust Referrals
- Increase Engagement
- Gain Loyal Customers
- Spread Brand Awareness
As opposed to traditional advertising methods, referral marketing encourages passionate and loyal customers to use word of mouth (recommend) to spread the desirable attributes about a brand’s products and services directly to their networks.
Brand-related conversations are common among people, especially within social circles, when individuals share their experiences with specific brands and what they like about their products. Here are some ways to do referral marketing
- One of the referral marketing strategies is to ask for referrals from customers.
- You can also use employee training to equip workers with the knowledge to invite customers to available referral programs effectively.
- It is also possible to partners with complementary companies to cross-promote each other to customers. For instance, an eyelash business can partner with eyeliner business.
While in-house programs and emails work well to increase referrals, the most effective way to increase referrals is to use systems that automatically enroll, track, manage, and reward successful ambassadors.
Before developing a referral program, it is crucial to conduct market research to establish what your existing customers want, and the specific incentives (e.g., free products, discounts, bill credits, or add-on services) would motivate them to engage in such programs. Without proper incentives, existing customers will not be interested in participating.
- Show Up in Local Search
- Increase Visibility
- Generate More Leads
- Increase Traffic and Sales
Map listing is essential to ensure that you are found by prospective clients when they do a local search. The majority of such potential customers will be disinterested in brands that they do not find in maps. The purpose of map listing is to increase your search rankings, visibility, and improve your business by generating leads. It is crucial to optimize your brand’s profile to increase their chances of showing up on Google Maps.
Google Maps are very instrumental when it comes to generating leads. Statistics show that local product searches make up to close to 76% of local Google searches. On Google Maps, a listing is done by creating the Google My Business (GMB) as above-discussed, including all information about your eyelash business (title, address, contacts, description). By so doing, Google Maps will automatically pick on your location and list your brand on the listings.
- Increases Traffic Immediately
- Drive Immediate Online Sales
- Attracts New Customers
- Stand Out from the Competition
Running ads on various channels is an important marketing strategy that creates brand awareness, captures the target audience’s attention, and increases sales. Ads can be run on Google, Facebook, and Instagram, among others.
By running ads on various channels, your make your products and services visible, enhancing opportunities for sale and referrals. Ads are also an effective way that brands use to launch new products in the market.
With Google Ads, results can be instant, especially in terms of driving traffic. Also, they are easy to create and help achieve superior rankings in search results. With Google ads, it is possible to test new ideas and improve.
In terms of pros, Google Ads are relatively expensive, as you have to pay for every click to your website. With a small budget, the ads stop. Also, the adverts have limitations.
Facebook Ads are more targeted and provide a wider reach. It also has more options for marketers looking to include a range of content. However, the costs of advertising on Facebook can be high. Additionally, the ads are only seen by Facebook users and have less organic reach.
Instagram Ads provide an opportunity for your brands to connect with a younger and energetic audience. Also, through the platform, Your lashes can format their ads in unique formats. On the flip side, it can also be time-consuming to create ads on the platform.
Now It 's Your Turn
The strategies discussed above shed provide useful insights into marketing your eyelash business online. Whether you are selling strip lashes or lash extensions. If well-executed, in accordance with the provided guidelines, your eyelash marketing efforts will achieve the desired goals. All you need to do if you follow the guidelines on how to sell lashes. It is essential to understand your audience, learn about their consumption habits, and online behaviors. It helps in planning for and implementing a marketing strategy in a manner that guarantees success.
If you find this article resourceful, leave a comment, and share it with your networks to tap from the insights.